Sunday 30 November 2014

10. MAKEOVER 2014…..



I am a member of PYC where there was a event for 3 months. Mr. Mahendra Gokhale (MG) heads the gymnasium. I had heard about him from many people regarding his way of training for fitness. I had read of makeover a year back about their earlier years event, that too while having a drink at the PYC restaurant I had read on the notice board. But never took it seriously. Ashwin, a dear friend of mine goes to the gym at PYC. I spoke with him about the makeover and he said it’s a great event. Now that I was loosing weight I needed some new target. Anyways I have donated so much to all the high end gym’s of the city, I said might as well give it a try. So I enrolled for the same. It was a 3-month program starting from 1st Jan 2014.  

We had a briefing on 2nd Jan about how are the points calculated and lot of stuff. We had teams and the owners would buy the participants. Something similar to the IPL auction. Well we were all set. We had a set of tests. Like weight, height, BMI, fat percentage, muscle percentile, water content etc. Thanks to my dietitian that I knew these things. With these we also had physical tests. How many pushups and sit-ups in 30 seconds. Thank god I was unaware of this earlier coz I cant even do a single push up. But MG’s main idea was participation should be compulsory. It doesn’t matter how good you are. So there were options of bent knee push ups. Wow that felt great. But I saw it was only the ladies who were doing it in this style and very few guys, like me. But there was lot of motivation during the day zero test. Another flexibility test was there where we had to sit and reach to our toes, which was scaled. And the last was to run and or walk 2.4 kms or choose a blip test. The blip test was to run 25 meters to and fro on the beep. With every level the time of bleep would reduce. So finally when you don’t reach the other side before the bleep you are done. And that’s your score. I didn’t even try this crazy thing and opted for the 2.4 kms.  So during this event called MAKEOVER 2014 I started my journey with 110 kgs.

No comments:

Post a Comment